Chief Constable Recruitment
As Police & Crime Commissioner for Cheshire, I am looking for an exceptional individual to become Cheshire Constabulary’s new Chief Constable.
As Cheshire residents, we are proud of our county and our police service. My role as Police & Crime Commissioner is to not only act as a voice for the public in policing but to also ensure that resources for policing are used in the most effective way to meet the needs of our communities and to deliver a high quality service.
To support me in achieving this, Cheshire needs a dedicated and high performing Chief Officer to become our next Chief Constable.
You will ensure the successful delivery of my Police and Crime Plan, and in particular, have:
- A commitment to serving the public and building trust and confidence to Cheshire communities
- An ability to deliver the highest quality policing service for residents
- An ability to embed a supportive, compassionate and nurturing culture which promotes innovation and personal and professional development
- An ability to operate effectively in an environment of diminishing resources and increasingly complex challenges
- An ability to work collaboratively with myself, fellow officers and partners and stakeholders across the county and beyond
The post is subject to a full and open recruitment process and I welcome applications from all eligible applicants. The closing date for applications is 31 January 2021.
Applicants will be required to meet the minimum eligibility criteria as outlined within the College of Policing Guidance for appointing Chief Officers. The appointment will be subject to a Confirmation Hearing of the Police and Crime Panel. I am fully committed to equality and diversity, and welcome applicants from all underrepresented groups.
If you share this ambition and vision and believe you are the right person to lead our police service, then I look forward to hearing from you.