The roles include:
- Custody visitors
- Front desk auditors
- Police dog welfare visitors
- Call management auditors
- Independent observers of protests and demonstrations
- Consultation volunteers
To find out more about all of these roles and associated reports, please click the links below.
- Specials, as they’re known, come from all walks of life.
- They are teachers, taxi drivers, accountants and secretaries, or from many other careers and they all volunteer a minimum of four and a quarter hours a week to their local police force, forming a vital link between the regular police and the local community.
- Specials have the same powers as regular officers. They wear the same uniform and are issued with the same protective equipment including handcuffs and baton.
- If you're interested in becoming a Special Constable, more information about can be found on the Cheshire Constabulary website.